Sunday, December 27, 2015

Elf on the shelf

I, like I'm sure everyone who is reading this, has undoubtably seen the elf on the shelf pictures all over the interwebs. Charlotte is 3.5 this holiday season so I thought she'd get a kick out of it! Prior to starting it out, I posted in a moms group I'm in "elf on the shelf, yay or nay?" And received mixed reviews. I figured, why not? Let's try this thing out! 

To start, I feel like the Elf is a little pricey. But what are you going to do? I added a little skirt for our elf, because obvi. She comes nicely packaged with the book, which was important for us, as we didn't know all the rules. 

The first thing the book instructs you to do is make the Elf. What did Charlotte choose? Elsa. Of course she chose Elsa. Other rules include, no on can touch the elf or she loses her magic, she can't talk back, but likes of you talk to her so she can report to Santa every night. 

Well, coming up with ideas wasn't too difficult, because Pinterest. But existing them was a different story. Also, sometimes I'd get ready for bed, and be excited about finally sleeping and then forget the stupid elf and have to get out of bed and come u with something fun! 

The elf is not poseable. Pinterest lies. And her hands were sewn together, so I did cut them at some point. A lot of people I know where more clever than I and added some small wires into the arms/legs to make the elf more flexible. This single mom does not have time for that. 

Overall Charlotte really enjoyed having Elsa around. It actually helped us in the mornings getting ready for school/work, because it gave her motivation to get moving and get downstairs to find Elsa, so that was a plus. 

Honestly, as annoying as it was, it was also incredibly fun to watch her little face light up! I'd do it all over again, and now have to next year, because she's already talking about it haha! Here's the kicker though...I LOST the damn elf. She's somewhere in the house, but not sure where? I moved her and then had to set up a giant castle, and have no idea where I placed her...oops, but I figure I have a whole year to find her right? 

I'm sharing some of Charlotte's favorite elf mischief :) if you're on the fence about doing it, just go for it, nothing beats the look on her face in the mornings :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment